Insects and pests can be a huge nuisance, not to mention they can also be dangerous. If you have an infestation in your home, it is important to take care of the problem as soon as possible. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps necessary to eliminate insects and pests for good. We will also provide some tips on how to clean up after an infestation. Let’s get started!
There are a few telltale signs that a pest infestation may be present in your home. If you notice an increase in the number of flies, ants, or other insects around your house, this could be a sign that there is an infestation. Additionally, if you see evidence of pests such as droppings, chewed-up materials, or holes in walls or ceilings, this is also a sign of a problem.
Three types of infestations are most common:
- Rodents, such as rats and mice, can cause a lot of damage to a home. They can chew through electrical wires, insulation, and other materials in the home. This can lead to fires, and expensive repairs.
- Bugs, such as termites and carpenter ants, can also cause a lot of damage to a home. They can eat away at the wood in the home, which can lead to structural damage. They can also damage furniture and other belongings in the home.
- Wildlife, such as raccoons and squirrels, can also cause a lot of damage to a home. They can break into the home through holes in the roof or walls, and they can destroy property inside the home.
If you think you may have a pest infestation, it is important to take action right away. The best way to deal with an infestation is to call a professional pest control company like Mariners Pest Control. We have the expertise and equipment necessary to get rid of pests and keep them from returning. However, there are some things you can do yourself to try to get rid of pests:
- Keep your house clean and free of clutter. This will make it harder for pests to find places to hide.
- Remove food sources that pests might be drawn to. This includes keeping food sealed and storing it in cabinets or in the fridge.
- Use pesticides or traps to get rid of pests. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and use them safely.
Another way is if the infestation is small, you may be able to take care of the problem yourself with some basic insecticidal sprays or traps. However, if the problem is more serious, you may need to call in a professional like Mariners Pest Control.
If you’re using a chemical pesticide, make sure to read the label and follow the instructions. Don’t use more than the recommended amount, and don’t use it on areas where children or pets might come in contact with it. Also make sure to keep the pesticide away from food and water sources.
There are many different types of traps that can be used to trap a rodent. Some of the most common traps are snap traps, glue traps, and live traps.
- Snap traps are the most common type of rat trap. They are easy to use and effective. The trap consists of a small platform with a spring-loaded bar that snaps shut when the rodent steps on it.
- Glue traps are made of a sticky adhesive that captures the rodent when it steps on the trap. The trap does not kill the rodent, but instead holds it until it can be released outdoors.
- Live traps are humane traps that capture the rodent alive. The trap is baited with food and the rodent enters the trap to get the food. Once inside, the door closes behind it and the rodent cannot escape.
Once the insects or pests are gone, it is important to clean up any mess they have left behind. This includes cleaning up droppings, damaged items, and anything else that may be contaminated. With a little time working on your pest problem, your home will be back to infestation free in no time!
If you believe you have termites or bugs in or around your home Request a free termite inspection online, call us at 888-945-2847 or visit our contact page. All of our termite inspections are no obligation and 100% free!